- RSS Channel Showcase 1592048
- RSS Channel Showcase 2879815
- RSS Channel Showcase 5307312
- RSS Channel Showcase 9502500
Articles on this Page
- 10/03/17--00:49: _BEC joins public co...
- 10/23/17--03:35: _New methodology to ...
- 02/12/18--04:11: _Remote sensing of o...
- 04/06/18--02:41: _Six years of the ne...
- 07/20/18--05:21: _New SMOS Sea Ice Co...
- 10/22/18--03:13: _New release of glob...
- 11/16/18--14:36: _Important changes i...
- 11/21/18--03:52: _SSS Arctic product ...
- 07/20/18--05:21: New SMOS Sea Ice Concentration products
- 10/22/18--03:13: New release of global SMOS soil moisture products at BEC
- 11/16/18--14:36: Important changes in the distribution of BEC products
- 11/21/18--03:52: SSS Arctic product version 2 is available
Demonstrations against the violence all over Catalonia, October 3rd, 2017 On October 1st, 2017, many Catalans waited in front of the voting stations to participate in a referendum to decide the future of Catalonia. The Spanish Constitutional Court had suspended the referendum, but nevertheless the regional government decided to go ahead with the poll. The […]
Monitoring sea ice concentration is required for operational and climate studies in the Arctic Sea. Technologies used so far for estimating sea ice concentration have some limitations, for instance the impact of the atmosphere, the physical temperature of ice, and the presence of snow and melting. In the last years, L-band radiometry has been successfully […]
Ocean currents play a key role in Earth’s climate – they impact almost any process taking place in the ocean and are of major importance for navigation and human activities at sea. Nevertheless, their observation and forecasting are still difficult. First, no observing system is able to provide direct measurements of global ocean currents on […]
A new methodology using a combination of debiased non-Bayesian retrieval, DINEOF (Data Interpolating Empirical Orthogonal Functions) and multifractal fusion has been used to obtain 6 years of SMOS Sea Surface Salinity (SSS) fields over the North Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. This product has been developed by the Barcelona Expert Center and the GHER […]
In a continuous effort to improve the quality of our data and provide a better service to our users, we present the new SMOS Sea Ice Concentration (SIC) product for the Arctic Ocean . The new product is based on the algorithm presented in the paper Gabarro et al., 2017 . The algorithm uses the […]
We are pleased to announce the new near real-time global SMOS L3 soil moisture products v003. These products have different averaging periods (and frequency rates): 1-day (daily) maps in both ISEA 4H9 and EASE-2 25 km, and 3-day (daily), 9-day (every 3 days), 1-month (monthly) and 1-year (yearly) maps in EASE-2 25 km. All of […]
Three years ago, the BEC team introduced a new method for the retrieval of SSS from SMOS data: the debiased non-Bayesian approach. The method was first used to derive the first maps of SMOS SSS in the Mediterranean. After three years, we have extensively validated the method, first in the Mediterranean, then in the Arctic […]
Seven years (2011–2017) of 25 km nine-day Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity (SMOS) Sea Surface Salinity (SSS) objectively analyzed maps in the Arctic and sub-Arctic oceans (50∘ N–90∘ N) are now available in our website. Discharge of Mackenzie river captured by BEC Arctic SSS product The new SMOS SSS maps are an improved version of […]